SPECIFIED ILLNESS COVER – PLAN FOR THE UNEXPECTED
Specified Illness Cover pays you a lump sum if, during the policy term, you are diagnosed with a serious illness covered under your particular policy. This cover gives you and your loved ones great peace of mind during a very stressful time in your life.
The features of Specified Illness Cover Include:
- The premium is determined by your heath status, age, smoker status and the amount of cover required.
- Unlike Income Protection Cover, you do not need to have an income in order to apply for Specified Illness Cover.
- The illnesses cover by your Specified Illness Cover plan and their definitions are clearly outlined in your policy conditions.
- Specified Illness Cover can be applied for on a stand alone basis or can be included in a life cover plan on a stand alone or accelerated basis.
- One of our main product providers paid out Specified Illness Cover claims totalling €58.8million in 2018. The average age of the individual claiming was 53.